3 Simple Ways to Save WhatsApp Document Photos and Videos to Your Phone’s Gallery
Sharing images and videos on WhatsApp as documents helps maintain their original quality, but sometimes it’s tricky to save them to your phone’s gallery. If you’re having trouble saving these media files, don’t worry! Here are three easy methods to save WhatsApp document photos and videos to your Android or iPhone gallery.
Method 1: Enable Media Visibility for WhatsApp Photos
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Go to the chat where you received the photos or videos as documents.
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, find “Media Visibility” and change it to “Yes.”
- Now, open your phone’s gallery or Photos app.
- You’ll see all the photos from the contact in the “WhatsApp Documents” or “WhatsApp Business Documents” album.
Method 2: Copy WhatsApp Document Photos/Videos to a Gallery Folder
- Open the Files app on your phone.
- Navigate to internal storage > Android > media.
- Look for “com.whatsapp” (or “com.whatsapp.w4b” for WhatsApp Business).
- Inside that folder, go to WhatsApp (or WhatsApp Business) > Media. You’ll find the photos and videos received as documents here.
- Select all the files and copy them to your phone’s camera folder or any other accessible folder.
- The photos and videos will now appear in your phone’s gallery like regular media.
Method 3: Save WhatsApp Documents to iPhone’s Photos App
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Open the conversation containing the photo or video document you received.
- Tap on the photo or video document to open it.
- Press the Share button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Choose “Save Image” or “Save Video” from the options provided.
- The photo or video will be saved to your iPhone’s Photos app. If you can’t find it, check the “Recents” album.
These are the simple ways to save WhatsApp document photos and videos to your phone’s gallery. You can either enable media visibility for WhatsApp photos, copy the files to another folder, or manually save them to the Photos app on iPhones. Now you can keep your cherished media in its original quality right in your gallery!