Mary Anderson’s family left with ‘millions upon millions of unanswered questions’ in wake of ‘tragic’ death –


Mary Anderson, 23-year-old Harvard woman who was found dead inside her truck in Vermont after she was reported missing on Sunday.
The family of a missing 23-year-old woman whose lifeless body was was discovered inside a truck in Brattleboro, Vermont two days after she was reported missing over the weekend, say they face a lifetime of “unanswered questions” after the person-of-interest being sought by police in connection with her death was shot dead by police.
The body of Mary Anderson, of Harvard, Massachusetts, was discovered by Brattleboro police inside her blue Toyota Tacoma truck, which had been sought as part of the missing-persons investigation, just before 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Hours after discovering Anderson’s body, authorities announced they were looking for her ex-boyfriend, Matthew Davis, in connection with Anderson’s death. By 7:45 p.m. that night the 34-year-old Davis was also dead, shot by Vermont State state troopers who were trying to speak with him.
“We are all very uneasy about how this happened because we are left with millions upon millions of unanswered questions now and we know those questions will be left unanswered,” Alicia Giannino, a close family friend, told MassLive. “We need to know why and there is only one person who knows that and he’s gone. We know in our hearts what happened — we know that he did this. We know that he took her. We know that he murdered her and it sucks. No matter how much we all wanted to see him gone, what we waned was to see him in jail, to see him go through a trial and to see him pay for whatever crimes he committed.”
Through Giannino, the Anderson family on Wednesday said Mary’s death was “too painful” for them to discuss.
Sheila Anderson, Mary’s mother, spoke with MassLive on Monday when authorities were still conducting a missing person’s investigation. Sheila said she believed Mary had been “abducted” and pressed police to move faster to find her missing daughter.
“We wish that we were able to have the police issue Matthew’s information because from the beginning we were saying it was him. Get his name, get his photo out there. The police were adamant about witholding information they should have trusted us that this is the person you need to look for,” Ginanino said. “In our minds it took too long. It took a little bit longer than it should have. That was our biggest frustration: being told police had no information and us giving them information that was helpful and it not being used in a timely manner.”
Mary was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Hudson, New Hampshire around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday. But when she failed to return home or message family members that she had safely returned home, loved ones grew concerned.
Sheila Anderson found a backpack and other “personal belongings” behind a tree, furthering her suspicions that Mary was kidnapped, she told MassLive. Sheila said she turned the evidence collected over to Harvard police. She said a Subaru was also found near the property.
Family members reported Mary missing to Harvard police around 5 p.m. on Sunday. State and local police issued public missing person’s alerts the following day and her body was discovered less than 24 hours after that.
“Mary was the purest soul that you could have ever met. if there were angels in real life, Mary was one of them. She was just the sweetest girl, the kindest person, who always had a smile on her face, who was always doing something to help or enjoy life,” Giannino said of her friend.
Giannino said the family is still reeling from the intensity of the missing person’s investigation and Mary’s eventual slaying.
Mary and her ex-boyfriend Davis, who police identified as a person-of-interest in her death, dated for about two years and broke up last November, Mary Anderson’s mother Sheila told MassLive earlier this week
Police are searching for Matthew Davis of Fitchburg, Massachusetts in connection with the “suspicious” death of 23-year-old Mary Anderson, whose body was discovered early Tuesday morning more than two days after she disappeared.
Sheila said Davis didn’t often participate in the tight-knit family’s gatherings and would typically “hang back” when he would attend functions.
“He never really assimilated,” Sheila said Monday.
Prior to his death, the 34-year-old Davis was living in Fitchburg, but had ties to the Pittsfield area, police said.
Davis previously served time in prison for armed assault and battery after he was convicted of hiding in an ex-girlfriend’s closet and attacking her new lover with a knife, court records show. He was sentenced to serve four to nine years at Cedar Junction in Walpole.
Davis was shot to death by police around 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday when they confronted him to talk, according to police.
Funeral services have not yet been set for Anderson.
Mary’s death comes as the Anderson family is coming up on the one-year anniversary of the death of Mary’s older brother, Joseph.
“She was one of my best friends and it’s heartbreaking to know that I’m never going to see her again because the world needs good people like Mary,” Giannino said.
Related content:
If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.
Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (User Agreement updated 1/1/21. Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement updated 7/1/2022).
Cookie Settings
© 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.
Ad ChoicesAd Choices


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *