Minister of Social Development Lindiwe Zulu says Over R500m Was Looted from SASSA in the Past 10 Years – Briefly.co.za – Briefly

Latest

Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief
Thank you!
Check your email and confirm your subscription
You are already subscribed to our newsletter!
Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Global site navigation
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
JOHANNESBURG – The Minister of Social Development Lindiwe Zulu says over half a billion has been looted from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) over the past decade.
Zulu stated this in response to a question posed by the Democratic Alliance (DA) Member of Parliament Bridget Masango. Zulu revealed that in the past 10 years, over R536 million was stolen by SASSA officials and even doctors.
Read also
23-year-old man shot waiting to go inside shopping centre in Sandton, SA is concerned
In a statement released on the DA's website, Masango says a total of 1 174 individuals illegally benefited from SASSA; 761 were SASSA officials, including five doctors.
Masango added that 50 SASSA officials looted R23 million in funds meant for poorer citizens; however, only 37 cases have been reported to law enforcement agencies for further investigation.
PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel!
The DA vowed to continue exposing SASSA's corruption and report it to relevant government agencies.
Earlier this year, the Mail & Guardian reported that SASSA is at the top of corruption complaints in government organisations.
Many South Africans have shared their thoughts on the looting taking place at SASSA. Some believe that the figures are grossly underrepresented and that more money was actually stolen.
Read also
Mosotho Moepya appointed as chair of IEC by Cyril Ramaphosa, SA reacts
Here are some comments:
@Caro1Graham said:
@SebinTdr said:
@Owen_Zuma said:
@raatkirani213 said:
@veeyenk said:
@GenduToit said:
@visedge said:
Read also
Hawks arrest woman for embezzling R3.6 million from Limpopo school
In other news, Briefly News reported that the South African Social Security Administration (SASSA) is moving its online services to a new system to offer better services to grant recipients.
The agency said on Wednesday that online grant application services will be interrupted for approximately two weeks.
Sassa did not specify whether the migration process would delay payments to people whose claims were processed, reported BusinessLIVE.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Source: Briefly News
Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief
Thank you!
Check your email and confirm your subscription
You are already subscribed to our newsletter!
Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news
Recommended for you





Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief
Thank you!
Check your email and confirm your subscription
You are already subscribed to our newsletter!
Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news
Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief
Thank you!
Check your email and confirm your subscription
You are already subscribed to our newsletter!
Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news
Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief
Thank you!
Check your email and confirm your subscription
You are already subscribed to our newsletter!
Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.